12/06/2005

Going Public


I've realized that there's no point in having "a blog" if nobody except a few friends (whom I'm not even sure are reading it) can read it. That means I have to edit the shit out of this blog and take-off all of the guys (blurred and disguised) photos. And my own cocksure little smiling face. No fun!

I also must completely decimate all signs of my identity so that no man that I've blogged about will hunt me down and try to off me. This is going to take a major blog cleaning. Like, antiseptic scrub-down. No names, locations, dates...only the vaguest connection to reality left...

Since I can be anyone I choose to be, I think I'll be a Barbie Doll. I look nothing like a Barbie doll, so it's an effective disguise. Actually my personality is nothing like these women. If they had the puppy-dog S & M Barbie, that would be me.

I wonder if I publish one of these haughty photos if my writing style will evolve for the worse. It'll be a little experiment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree with your "scorched blog" approach. You don't have to erase all links to reality, you only have to disguise them. That way, it's believable, even though you may just be making it up (which is true about any blog, really).

My only comment is, I would have figured you'd have gone for a more "ethnic" doll. Maybe one of those sterotypical, maracas-weilding "siƱorita" dolls (perhaps a paler complexioned one) with miniature assorted-fruits in their hair wraps that you find at every single tourist trap in Latin America... just a thought.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Aldric Leopold said...

OK, now this was a helpful comment, seriously. Though I don't plan on truly sterilizing my blog, I do have to disguise it. Maybe the Barbie is too far from my true flavor, however Carmen Miranda is not any closer. I am, afterall, slavic. Maybe I'll choose a slavic doll.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home