1/09/2006

"I don't wanna play games, wah, wah, wah"

What's up with so many guys writing, "I don't want to play any games"? This seems to be the dating-email-cliché of the new millennium. I don't even know what that means. 30% of responders mention this.

Possible translations:
"I don't wanna...
...lead each other on"
...beat around the bush before going to bed"
...pay for dinner with no sex in return"
...reject or be rejected indirectly"
...you getting to know me and deciding you don't like me"
...screw women over"
...be screwed over"
...flirt irresponsibly to no avail"
...have you flirt and disappear"
...send each other dumb little smiley faces and disappear"
.
..get to know you and have you choose someone else"
...email with you but never see you."
(...have you blogging about the things I say")

Are a lot of women out there playing games? You get to know each other - maybe you like each other, maybe not. It is kind of like a game...a rather painstaking game. It can be wholesome if it's handled properly. (What are you lookin' at?) I don't know - this blog is named after a game, isn't it.

***

I've read a few male comments about over-weight women in it for a free dinner. Is this really happening - a sort of female sociological-revenge-trend against the patriarchy - like, "Boy, did I get him! He had to pay for my dinner! Boy was he pissed, but his hands were tied - and I ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, and an appetizer and dessert!" Is that what women are doing now? Cause there seem to be a lot of disgruntled guys out there. I don't do that stuff, at least. I have offered to pay. (Of course, if a guy let me I'd think he had problems.) No guy has let me pay yet. (Oops - Andrejs said I could leave the tip at that horrible breakfast experience - but I only had a 20. I held it up to him helplessly. He said, Forget about it. OH YEAH - Rule #2150: Ladies, bring change so you can leave an ample tip. (If the waiter deserved it, if not 15% only.) Ladies should always offer to pay their half, but insist on leaving the tip. Gentlemen should always insist on paying, but allow her to leave the tip. I know that sucks for the guy but lets face the fact that men's salaries tend to be more ample. Go look at the statistics.)

Another issue is there's a a certain bitterness over photo exchanges. There are many rants about women who post ads with no photos, or ask for a photo of the dude but never respond with one. Now to me, Rule#4387: posting an ad with your photo is a really bad idea - makes you look desperate and trashy - but that's my personal opinion. Plus, there are tons of maniacs out there. Post a part of you, max. And sorry guys - if you don't get her pic back, it's cause you're not her type - so don't cry over spilt milk. I have sent my photo to a guy who sent his and he never wrote back - do you see me kavetching?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home