11/05/2005

The Dark Side of Craig's List: "Non-Love-Mail"

It would be misleading to give you the impression that Craig's List responses always land me in a cloud of ego bliss. As you heard in the prior post, the experience of rejecting people is not a pretty feeling. (Maybe for those who participate in reality shows it is. But that's a sickness.) And in the next post, you will see how I get rejected, too. (Yes, it HAS to happen, considering that my coy sense of confidence needs to be beaten down by the karmic circle.)

But now I'll take a moment to share some of the "non-love-mail" that I receive.



"RC" wrote:
RE: Sexy Clown of a Mom, 32
What the heck does your title mean?
***

Mark wrote:

I’ve lived in Central America. I’m bilingual in Spanish and if you speak another language I respect that a lot……lol..a lot? And you worry about punctuation.TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny.
***
Michael wrote:
RE: Just got back from Barcelona; I really think we'll "click"...
Ok, so here's why.you should really do a spell check , and a grammar check on your post. Though I'm sure you're educated, to be a pot and call the kettle black is bogus. ( I'm speaking of your indecipherable grammar here.)
que te veo nunca! M
***
HotPop wrote:
Your long list of constraints is almost as amusing as the middle brow benchmarks of sophistication you consider to be important. I do wish you luck as there was nothing there that inspired loathing (show me the money) and even if you get a response, what kind of guy would answer? You are going to need help in any outcome. Open your focusm you might be happier.
You're welcome, A 40 yr old, 20 lbs overweight Republican that learned German at 26 and can drag himself into Chili's and still retain a fraction of self respect.
I don't want a date.
--Sent from my Treo
***
Larry The Aviator wrote:
nothing huh?
***
"Your posting has been removed by the craigslist community. Several craigslist readers flagged it for the following reasons: MISCATEGORIZED: posting appears to be in the wrong category.The flagging system is a work-in-progress, with all the pros and cons of a democracy - Please post suggestions for improvement in the feedback forum. After reviewing your posting and our policies, if you are convinced that those flagging your post were mistaken, please feel free to repost."
***
And what have I learned? Either don't write back or write a polite thank you note. Otherwise, if you get all witty on them, the disgruntled will have your post removed. I'm still holding off on posting again partially for this very reason. And I'm going to have to post in disguise to avoid my myriad of flaggers. But Sexy Little Clown has worked so well for me so far. And what if the same guys write again, thinking it's someone different who sounds just like me? Worse, what if the guys I have dates with for next week write thinking it's someone different?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home