11/06/2005

This is what I posted...

"The pic that launched 100 responses."

Alright, the man is getting way too much in return for fixing my floor lamp, according to my commenter. But you should see the floor lamp. It's heavy and cumbersome, and requires special parts, which the assembler will have to go out to the hardware store and get. It's the lamp that every time I look at it, I want a boyfriend.

"Hey Guy, are you smart, cute, and good with your hands? Good. 32

Please help me assemble my complicated, heavy, cumbersome Ikea floor lamp. Basically, it's a pain. It is the bane of my existence.

In return, I will prepare you an excellent home-cooked meal of angel-hair pasta with puttanesca sauce, broccoli raab and shrimp sautéed in garlic, and the beer of your choice. Actually, the meal of your choice. Just tell me exactly what you’d like and I’ll make it, just as long as the ingredients aren't through the roof.

But first you must apply for the job. Why would I want this job? He asks! (How dare he!) To enjoy a fine, home-cooked meal and the company of an agreeable, decently read conversationalist who can entertain him with many eccentric stories. She’s youthful, dresses well, is pretty good-looking and has a great figure to boot. She will probrably laugh at his jokes. (Unless they're knock-knock jokes.) She does have a delightful 3-yr-old son but he won’t be there. That does not mean that she's looking more deeply than the fixing of the lamp, so don't get all gung-ho.

Please write me coherant sentences to tell me 1) what meal you would like and 2) why I would enjoy having you in my home. 3) Sending a photo is extremely helpful. If I think you're the man for the job, I'll send you one too. No hate mail, please.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're obviously gonna go through with this experience one way another and this is a lot better than the last one, so I'd go for it. At least it hints that you're a little bit discerning and it's not going to be a free-for-all when he gets up to your apartment.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home